Sunday 29 January 2012

PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK : DJ DEKODA.... its de koko oooooo!

Can we meet u sir?
Im Adekoya Gbenga and my stagename is Dekoda. I am a disc jockey and also into event management and artiste promotion. And also the CEO dekoda entertainment world (DEW)
How long have u been in the industry?
This year would be my 5th official year behind the wheels of steel.
Nice one sir. Have u ever had regrets about dj-ing. When was ur trying times and tell us ur most challenging moments behind the wheels of steel?
Yea.d only regret i can vividly rememba happened just few months wen i started. One ☺f Мy intimate frnds had two shows and he had to hand ova one to me. as at then,av got no instrument xcept Мy laptop. so, i hired instruments dat i tested before leaving for d show. gettin to d venue and playin for like 1hr,d instruments stopped working and dats was d end ☺f show. so dissappointing and i dat pushed me to work harder and harder to establish Мy name and cover for my fuckup. Woteva field u are, U def face one challenges or d other. D issue ☺f gettin instruments, breakin into d circle ☺f experts and bein consistent.
Tell us the big names in nigeria u av disc jockeyed for?
Bignames like, slim joe sabi,skalley and av perfomed alongside zeez,jahbless,durella,ojoro. my performances are alwaz crazy cos i take maself into d crowd...Im a dancer, i take masef to d dancefloor and mingle wit pple,comin back to s wheel again to control d floor.dts my strength anyway buh my craziest moment was wen i poured champagnes by evrybdy on d floor Ąπϑ my outfit was damn wet... i was given anoda outfit by a sure guy Ąπϑ ladies brot dia hand towels to clean Мy body
Soo, the ladies brought the towels, how do u cope with ur female fans?
Well well...itz a normal tin to Be luved by ur fans especially d females. I see it as a blessing from God cos his my creator. Ladies do show dia affections for my swag nd i treat dem wit respect. No hidden game buh i respect nd appreciate dem.dts all.
What should fans except soon from dj dekoda?
Like i said earlier, Im into Events Management, nw a rapper,songwriter n stil a Dj. Im dropping my single vry soon nd Im working onma my mixtape too. Djing is still inma blood nd my fans shud expect a rebranded dekodious hands on d wheel...
Thanks and God bless.
www.ofofomaster.blogspot.com CLASSIC! For the archives!

1 comment: